IKEA – Meteor
This was one hell of a challenge. Initially planned as wide shots of the meteor with the closeups in camera, it ballooned to all full CG shots on the same schedule.
It was a massive challenge of asset build, FX dev and Rendering as we ended up with millions of objects that ended up being used in the meteor which had to be destroyed on entry.
I decided to eschew the use of alembics early in the show and use only Arnold Procedurals in HTOA. This worked really well as our startup times for renders were pretty manageable.
We did some great initial concept art for the job. There were some twists and turns along the way but I felt we ended up pretty close to the original designs in the end.